Thinking of starting up in business or going freelance? Want to find out more about social enterprise? Social enterprises are businesses run for social or environmental purpose. This two-day introductory workshop, delivered by experienced social entrepreneurs, will take you through the basics, from first principles to marketing, finance and getting organised.
Produced for Social Enterprise Exchange by Sheffield Live! and hosted at The Circle, Sheffield
Free lunch and refreshments provided.
Day 1 – Monday 17 April, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
– what do we mean by social enterprise?
– from first ideas to action planning
– market research and concept testing
– marketing and communications strategy
Day 2 – Tuesday 18 April, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
– developing the social enterprise business model
– financial planning and forecasting
– access to start-up finance
– getting organised – management and legal structures
This workshop offers an opportunity to find out more about starting up in social enterprise, with the opportunity to explore early stage ideas and to gain a practical understanding of social enterprise basics. Experienced social enterprise advisors and coaches will be joined by guest speakers to inspire and guide you.
This free two-day workshop is open to individuals and groups who are based in any one or more of the following local authority areas: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield. To register your attendance at the workshop please complete the form below.
How we use your information